Tuesday, November 9, 2010

quicko: outlets


I'm not actually sure what they call these here, but I'm guessing it's probably not outlets.  Oh, yes!  Power points!  If only I had a picture of an American outlet, we could play a rousing game of spot-the-differences, but I don't, so you're on your own for this one.  Allow me to assist.  First and foremost, you'd of course recognize that the plugs are a different size and shape.  Don't ask me to tell you the specifics of what they are, but I can tell you they have either two or three prongs, depending.  Surely that'll do for current purposes.  The other matter I'd like to draw your attention to is the fact that these sockets can be turned on or off.  To demonstrate, I have helpfully flicked one (on the left) on, and the other (on the right) off.  See the light?  See the difference?  Oooohh.  This concludes your show-and-tell lesson for the day.  Have a great day, and see you next time.

No comments: