Friday, November 19, 2010

advice: things i wouldn't mind finding in a care package

In case the last post has inspired you to run out and prepare a care package for me (a noble sentiment, to be sure), I thought I would be so helpful as to give you hints of what would be very welcome in it.  Care packages in generally have really been a bit lacking lately, and I'd hate it to be because no one has a clue what to send me.  Allow me to assist.

--Sephora make up or perfume
--Victoria Secret underwear
--stickers for my students (including some sports ones ... they sell them at Staples ...)
--index cards (multi-colored)
--contacts that fit my eyes (Dr. Glassman, if you're reading, this one's for you!)
--Girl Scout cookies (those coconut ones and the thin mints and the peanut butter ones)
--Shriver's salt water taffy
--Jody Coyote earrings (especial need for silver lately -- or even any silver earrings that are plain.  big hoops are fine, too.)
--paperbacks
--Baby Ruth bars (homemade even better!!)
--little light sweater wrap things (very thin) in neutral colors like the kind from Charlotte Russe

Are those enough ideas for now?  Do let me know if you need more, and I'll do my best to think of others if necessary.  Can't have you clueless and shopping now, can we?

5 comments:

Laetitia :-) said...

You can get stickers from Office Works, $2 shop / junk store type places and some post offices.

Oh, and I forgot to say in my comment on the previous post that supermarkets (apart from maybe Aldi) won't have bookcases but stationery places (such as Office Works) or hardware stores (such as Bunnings) do.

Anonymous said...

What size underwear?

Mom said...

This wouldn't happen to be a hint for your mother a month before Christmas, knowing you won't be home for the holidays this year, would it?

KIM said...

Christmas hints, no! Far too limiting! These are general "just because" care package hints :) Though if you want to use them around Christmas, that certainly wouldn't hurt. Thought might I just point out that the Sephora make-up I bought myself does not count as a Christmas present!!

KIM said...

Bath and Body Works! I forgot Bath and Body Works! Especially the liquid soaps like moonlit path or dancing waters or warm vanilla sugar ...