Tuesday, November 9, 2010

quicko: BU

So I saw The Social Network tonight, which I recommend and would love to chat about and all that, but the thing that has me actually itching to blog is a reference at the very beginning of the movie to "BU".  And this post, dear Australian readers, is a public service announcement for you so you can gasp with the same "ouch!" factor abandon as I did as the line is delivered:  BU, in this context, stands for Boston University:  a prestigious school (er, pardon me, university) with a great magazine publishing program, among other things.  Listen for it.

Also, a 1600 on the SAT is amazing.  Seriously incredible.  It means you literally get every answer right on a 3-hour standardized test.  If I'm remembering correctly, the ACT equivalent is a 36.  And those are pronounced "S-A-T" and "A-C-T."  But surely you knew that.  Right?

Oh, and a guy who's 6'5" and 220 is quite tall and quite big.  And, in this case, also quite muscular.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm thinking that at 6'5", 220 lbs for a man would not be overweight, but on the more slender side of healthy.

KIM said...

Big, not overweight. And assuming they were using accurate figures, I'd definitely say quite atheletic.