Monday, November 15, 2010

quicko: MIA

There are several stores lately that have just struck me as being particularly MIA here.  Namely, Victoria's Secret and David's Bridal.

I thought long and hard about which order to put those two in, but I'm sticking to it.  Plenty of unmarried women love Victoria's Secret.  Plenty of unmarried men love Victoria's Secret.  (And, yes, somehow men the world over seem to know about it regardless of if the store actually exists in their country.  Funny, huh?)

Personally, I count Victoria's Secret underwear as one of my greater weaknesses in life, and, alas, the last time I was home I was too broke to justify the splurge.  If only they were here, my underwear would be in much better shape at the moment.

David's Bridal, though, is another American institution that is sadly lacking in Australia.  It's insane -- brides to be here have to visit stores upon stores in suburbs upon suburbs, scouring high and low for the perfect gown, generally at highly exorbitant prices.  Not that American brides don't do that, too, but at least they know where to start their shopping!

A few other key stores I'd really like to see in Sydney:  Sephora (make-up), Charlotte Russe (comparable to a Paper Scissors or Chick-a-Booti here), Penney's and Kohl's (nothing like Coles, though pronounced the same).  And even though I didn't shop there much, it's odd not being able to get to a Dillard's or Macy's if I wanted to.

No comments: