Monday, November 22, 2010

quicko: DVD players

Australian DVDs don't play in American DVD players.  This has been really annoying me lately:  I have borrowed a DVD that I really want to watch.  Death at a Funeral, to be precise.  I hear it's funny, and I like funny.  Heartwarming, no, funny, yes.  Unfortunately, I don't have a DVD player.  Fortunately, I have a laptop.  Unfortunately, I have an American laptop.  Fortunately, my brother put VLC on it so it's supposed to play DVDs.  Unfortunately, it doesn't.  Fortunately, I have a techie friend who got it started and made sure the trailers worked.  Unfortunately, he didn't get the movie itself to work.

And now I'm back at square one with a DVD I want to watch and no way to watch it.  Does anybody have a house I can come borrow and watch it in?  I'll even let you watch it with me!

3 comments:

MOM said...

Yes, come home! We have a house AND a DVD player here that you are welcome to use at any time. Granted, it is in America, and has not ever tried playing Australian DVDs, but if they don't work, we have a great public library full of all sorts of DVDs, as well as Blockbusters, and even Walmarts, where you can find them reasonably priced. What a novel idea: just come home and watch American DVDs all you want! And, you'd even have family here to watch them with you.

Crazyjedidiah said...

If you are desperate you can always come round to my place to watch it especially as it stars Matthew Mcfadyen - although it might embarass my mother to have someone come and visit the messy house. The other option is that I could always bring my laptop somewhere to watch it.

KIM said...

ummm, crazyjedidiah, do i actually know you?? really, as nice as i am, i don't think it's best to invite strangers over.