Thursday, December 2, 2010

quicko: care package delights

So I got a care package from my mom the other day (the same day as the afghan package).  It was so exciting!  Besides an assortment of make up I'd ordered, she also sent some comics, various office supplies, Tide sticks and ... well, why don't you guess?  Go on, it'll be fun!  What else might my mother have sent to me?  Stickers?  No.  Purell?  No.  Bath and Body Works?  No.  Victoria Secret?  No, but I had my suspicions at first that she'd try to go there and something had gone horribly wrong ... Did that help?  Have you figured it out?  No?  Give up?  Okay, I'll tell you (and I owe you 500 words of congratulations if you actually managed to guess without being told) -- a Bavarian beer girl costume!!  Of my very own!  Can you believe it?  Neither could I.  Neither could my flatmate.  ("Is that your ... Christmas costume?" she asked, clearly trying to be as culturally sensitive as possible.  I assured her that it wasn't, but did try it on for kicks and giggles.  "You've ... certainly got the hair for it," she managed.)

My mother doesn't send me cookies or stuffed animals, oh no.  She sends me Bavarian beer girl costumes. I think it could also double as a piratey, wenchy sort of number in a pinch (mom told me that was what it was technically billed as, though she thought it was a bit more Oktoberfesty as well).


And there I have it.  A brand new addition to my costume box.  Ask on the blog and ye shall receive!  Thanks, mom!

Oh -- and another of those light weight wrap-y things that goes over anything would be great, if anyone happens to need gift ideas.  White, ivory, tan, gray, black, a couple, whatever!  I wear the ones I've got all the time!  Oh!  Oh!  And long white or black kid gloves would be great, too!

1 comment:

Mom said...

The kid gloves for the costume box as well, or for real use?

Glad you liked the costume. Can't keep things too predictable, you know.