Thursday, March 15, 2012

quicko: morning light

When I was back in America, I was struck by how late in the morning it was dark -- definitely still dark until 7:30 am.  While the time zones and latitude and daylight savings and such all obviously make a difference, I am pretty sure that it is generally darker later in the morning in America than in Sydney.  Which I think is why I actually prefer it to be dark in the morning -- early sunlight always feels like a slap in the face to me, and I much prefer for there to be an hour or so of darkness on my way to work before I have to deal with the day at hand.  It's what I grew up with, and much easier to reconcile, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Mom said...

This may also be because where you were staying is at the westernmost side of the time zone. There is a noticeable difference from western Ohio to Eastern New Jersey, you may recall.