Wednesday, March 21, 2012

quicko: commonwealth

I meant to give Commonwealth bank a plug here a couple weeks ago, so here it finally is.  Commonwealth has the best customer service of any I've experienced in Australia.  For awhile their ads have been featuring black and white scenes of women swooning only to be lovingly swept up by their friendly neighborhood Commonwealth banker, and I must admit to being rather taken with the ads.  What came as an absolute shock was that they were actually true.

Now, I haven't actually practiced my swooning at the bank (though goodness knows pretty much everywhere else), but every time I've gone in -- particularly recently -- there has been someone at the entrance to greet me, ask after my day (how sweet and American of them!) and earnestly seek to see how they can be of assistance to their valued customer.  And then they fix whatever my problem is!  Quickly!  It's amazing.

Not only that, their phone has only the requisite amount of auto-prompting before it realizes it cannot help and transfers me to a (available 24/7) person!!  Will wonders never cease!

1 comment:

Laetitia :-) said...

We're with Suncorp because, well, it's a Qld equivalent of the Commonwealth Bank (originally Gov't owned, now privatised). I have had issues with them but I will give them one thing - I paid some large bills adding to several $1000 (annual insurances) at the same time via internet banking. Within 10 minutes we had a phone call from them checking that it wasn't unauthorised access on our account.