Sunday, January 22, 2012

quicko: theatre prices

Are absolutely atrocious.  I pretty much can't get over any of the prices here (still.  after 4 years.  you'd think I would.), but lately it's the theatre that's been getting me.  I understand paying a bit for professional theatre, but I generally pay what I'd consider professional prices for the amateur productions and atrocious prices for the professional productions.  The Cincinnati Shakespeare Festival, which is, by the way, amazing, charges in the neighborhood of $25 a show.  This is reasonable.  The Sydney Short and Sweet productions are also $25 a show.  They are great, don't get me wrong, and I loved going and would probably even go back, but $25?  Really?  Shouldn't it be like $10?  Or at the most $10 plus the roll of a die or something?  Draw a card from the deck when you come in and pay its face value perhaps?  It'd be more in keeping with the vibe of it anyway!

Oh well.  Such is life, I guess.  And such is why it's really just best to put on productions of Macbeth in your friend's backyard.  Oh yeah.  Stay tuned on that one!

No comments: