Friday, January 20, 2012

quicko: milk wars

I go through tons of milk, mostly because I'm addicted to cereal for breakfast.  I also had no idea everyone else didn't drink milk with dinner until I was somewhere in my mid-twenties.

Anyway, I drink a lot of milk.  And I always get my milk from Coles, because when you're walking home with 3 litres of milk, you shop wherever is closest.  The other day, though, my friend brought me some milk from Woolworths.  Now this was a novelty and I'd actually just already bought my own milk, so I finished my Coles milk first and then started into the milk from Woolies, both of which expired on the same day.  I was shocked, then, to realize that the Woolies milk actually stayed fresh past its expiration date!  My Coles milk usually goes bad about two days before its expiration date, so this was a novelty of epic proportions.  Who would have thought?  The home brands of both, but one that far outlasts the other!  If only Woolies were closer.

No comments: