Saturday, July 2, 2011

quicko: go get 'em

So these Go Get cars are all the rage around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and possibly a few other places -- they're parked cars that us carless folk can sign up to be part of a program to borrow when we're so inclined.  A couple people have suggested I look into them (usually while they're giving me a ride home) and they are very tempting.  So yesterday I spent a bit of time browsing their website and, while I'm still not convinced they're the best plan for me, I am sorely tempted.  Particularly as there is one really ridiculously close to my flat.

The problem came in last night, though, when I actually dreamed about the Go Get cars.  It was all a bit too realistic for comfort, because I dreamed I made my way to the close-to-home one, took it for a very tumultuous drive on what was clearly the wrong side of the road for me, managed to park it, miraculously emerged with both the car and I unscathed and then realized in horror that I had never actually signed up for the program and had more or less stolen the car.  The rest of the dream was me running around like crazy trying to find people I knew who were part of the program to come over (I knew from the FAQs that only members were allowed to drive the cars) and drive it home before they realized it was missing and charged me hundreds of dollars (again, the FAQs indicated that overdue cars started wracking up more and more fees the later they were).  And then, in the words of the famous elementary school narrative devise, I woke up.

No comments: