Friday, July 29, 2011

quicko: christmas in july




Although I'm sure I've heard Americans bandy about the whole "Christmas in July!" sentiment from time to time, the Australians insist they take it much more to heart, seeing as they haven't got winter at Christmas to celebrate in (they really haven't got winter at all, but I hadn't the heart to tell them).  They have all the carols about, say, "dashing through the snow" (sigh ...) and so they get quite excited about the idea of having Christmas in "winter."  It's fun, though not remotely Christmas-y-ish.  But shh.  You didn't hear that from me.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Oh noes! I totally missed out! It looks like you guys had a ball! I see young Ian has shaved off his goatee!! Quelle horreur! ...and I missed out on seeing the big T and YOU of course too - dang! :0( I think I was watching a bird watching DVD that evening with my Dad and his cat. Hope you're well and having a super picnic day!