Wednesday, March 16, 2011

quicko: you've got mail

Yesterday I got a package in the mail -- only, by in the mail I mean that it came via the postal service and ended up at the bottom of my stairs inside my apartment building.  Which is suspiciously not within the confines of my mailbox.

Now I admit this made it easier for everyone concerned -- the postie didn't have to lug it around town any farther and I didn't have to traipse up to the post office to retrieve it -- so I guess I'm happy enough with it, it's just that I find it slightly ... irresponsible.  What if it was a very important package?  What if it got stolen?  What if I was on vacation and it sat there for a week?

So, while currently all's well that ends well -- please be careful if you send me something vital in the mail!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I think this is getting to be more of a postal trend in the US, too. Today, the mail carrier left a box for us by the garage door. Didn't even ring the bell to let us know he was there. With all the rain we have been having, it could have proven nasty, had we not been home and heard the dog bark (from inside the house) to alert us to someone being there.