Tuesday, March 15, 2011

quicko: working hard or ...

I've mentioned this before, but it just bears repeating -- and, I found back up in print!  Australians think they are the hardest working people on the planet because of one them started this myth once, and, gosh, YOU try and convince them otherwise.  Here's my latest proof though, straight from the erudite pages of mX:  "I slave away in my corporate noose for a ridiculous and un-Australian 50 to 60 hours a week."  (David De Vere)  Now, just look at that:  50 to 60 hours a weeks is "un-Australian"!  Funny, you'd think for the hardest working people on the planet it would be, frankly, a bit under par for the course.  (I think I'd call it average in America.)  But that's the beauty of it:  Australians work hard only between the hours of 9 and 5.  The rest of the time is hardly for working.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those of us who are working hard don't have time to write for MX. Or Kirribilli Kim for that matter. Make of that what you will.

KIM said...

Sigh ... just when I thought my blog needed MORE attention ...