Tuesday, September 13, 2011

plug: sydney fringe festival

I might have just mentioned this, but I'm pretty blown away:  there are TONS and TONS and TONS of shows I want to see.  I could amuse myself every night for the rest of the month going to see stuff, if only it were free.  As it is, it's pretty reasonably priced, so I'm going to knock myself out and go to a good handful.  I've already got tickets for something about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater (evidently a black comedy about parenting) and Macbeth (I'm sure there's something off the wall about it).  I'm also planning to go to The Local, another dark comedy I think it might be billed as, which is directed by a guy I hardly know but used to work with.  Then I discovered another version of Macbeth, which I think is really, really supposed to be off the wall.

I mean, when a festival's categories include "circus and burlesque," "comedy," "musical theatre and cabaret" and "theatre," you really just can't go wrong.

Has this been happening for years and I've never known before?  It seems kind of established, so I guess I'll proceed as if I'm making up for lost time.  (Much as I did with Max Brenner initially ...)

No comments: