Saturday, October 2, 2010

quicko: libraries

On a happier note -- I can announce that I am now the proud possessor a brand new library card!  It came from Stanton Library, which is infinitely better than a certain other library that happens to be located in the Custom House.

For instance, they actually had the book I wanted!!  And, to add insult to Another Library's injury, they had two copies!!  No waiting, no holds, no transfers -- a book!  In stock!!  Will wonders never cease!

Second, they let me join for free!!  Granted, I was prepared and came with my most recent bank statement (I currently carry it as a matter of course), but they happily accepted it and let me get a card.  Hooray!

Third, they have a normal system of shelving.  All the fiction, for instance, is in (get this) the same room.  Alphabetically!

And finally, the lady helping me was (hold on to your seats) nice!  She not only complimented my ring, but also said I was "ladylike" and "affable."  Would I could say the same for certain other librarians!

3 comments:

Ben McLaughlin said...

Props for being in the Stanton Crew. I am too. We should start a gang.

Mom said...

I am glad to hear there is a library that understands what a library by definition is, in Australia.

KIM said...

yay! the masked library bandits? the lollygagging lexigraphers? stay north of the bridge or bust? oh no, you've busted!!