Monday, October 11, 2010

quicko: lamingtons


I sacrificed myself tonight for the sake of the blog:  I ate the last two lamingtons.  In retrospect, I'm not exactly sure why I felt I the blog needed this, but ten minutes ago it certainly did.

Lamingtons are classic Australian cuisine -- white cake covered in chocolate covered in coconut.  The cake's on the dry side, as historically these rations were sent to troops at war.  The chocolate kept them reasonably fresh and they restore morale to this day.  Whether or not you're a soldier, come to think of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You must try the square ones with jam in the middle - way better! The 'finger' version is fairly new on the lamington product development, no doubt as an incentive for girls late at night to feel like they're snacking less, but then eating many more of them in total!

KIM said...

you saying i'm fat??

Ben McLaughlin said...

Lamingtons bring me tears of joy