Wednesday, February 18, 2009

quicko: what's the buzz?

First off, I know the picture's sideways. I'm sorry, I haven't got a clue why. It was a horizontal picture that was taken horizontally, uploaded horiztonally and downloaded vertically. Go figure.

That being said -- the Sydney Morning Herald is the paper in Sydney. People talk about the SMH and it's just generally accepted to rule the journalistic roost.

The Daily Telegraph is the main competition. I've tried to ascertain exactly what the stereotypes are -- because they definitely exist -- but it's a bit difficult for me as an outsider to nail them down accurately.

The Telegraph seems to be read perhaps a bit more by the working class, but also was thought to be more fair and well-rounded in its reporting.

And then waaay at the bottom there's mX, the daily commuter paper. It's not exactly erudite, but it is very fun.

No comments: