Thursday, April 19, 2012

quicko: randling

Tonight I went to the taping of a new ABC (Australian etc etc etc) show tonight -- Randling.  I'm not allowed to tell you who won (the drama!), but I can give you general thoughts on the show.

The first one was jealousy.  It's all well and good to watch other people playing silly games having fun, but I wanted to play too.  They didn't invite me, though.

It's a show about words -- word origins, synonyms, banter, etc.  It's great, if a bit obscure at times.

I'd never been to the taping of a TV show before so I can't really compare it to the taping of an American one.  Off the top of my head it seemed probably way more low key.  Less security than I'd expect ... a building literally blocks away from where I work ... generally a very playful attitude toward TV and life in general.  It was cool.

And if you see the episode -- number 24? -- just listen for the word TEEN.  I'm not giving anything away to say they had to record more or less dozens of time to get it right ...

No comments: