Wednesday, June 29, 2011

quicko: city extra

So there's this 24-hour place called City Extra at Circular Quay, and I have this theory about its business.  A third of it on people who just missed their ferries, a third of it on people who can't find anywhere else open at midnight and a third of it on people who actually mean to come because they like it.  At least, that's roughly how my patronage of it works out.

And man, that ferry one is a killer.  Drives me absolutely crazy -- there is little in life more frustrating than missing public transportation by mere seconds.  Thank goodness hot chocolates and coconut bread can help!

1 comment:

Laetitia :-) said...

One thing to be said for land-based PT over water - if you just miss leaping onto the bus or train, well you might get a scraped knee from the pavement if you don't stop your run in time; every time I lept for a ferry to uni I was always afraid that one day I might leave it too late and end up in the river. Fortunately it never happened to me. :-)