Saturday, June 18, 2011

quicko: the australian dollar

Is doing very well.  Which is good.  Really.  Sort of.  Not really.  For me.  Kind of.  Maybe.

It certainly impedes my ability to formulate full sentences, which may or may not be beneficial for the world at large.  If it even cares.

It's good in one sense:  namely, the "Kim-has-slightly-more-cash-to-her-name-than-she-did-before" sense, which really isn't saying much.  Something.  But not much.

It's bad in another sense:  namely, the "Kim-can't-come-home-for-Christmas-because-all-the-Australians-have-seized-the-day-of-cheap-airline-tickets-and-there's-none-under-3-grand-left-for-poor-Americans-on-the-other-side-of-the-world-from-their-families" sense.

So I don't know what to make of it.  I don't know a thing about economics, but other people seem to say that it won't really last.  Which is distressing because it means the little super I've accrued here will probably be worth, say, half as much when I actually go to try to get it back later on.  But at least I'll be able to go home to get it back.  I don't know.  Like I said, economic thoughts aren't really my strong suit.

Diamonds, now.  Those I could handle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course it's doing well, it's indestructable! (My super strong hubby being the exemption to that rule of course!)