Friday, April 29, 2011

quicko: the royal update

So the royal wedding obviously was broadcast and celebrated in Australia.  I was wondering what the Australian reaction would be given their somewhat tenuous relationship with England.  Ultimately, though, I think it came down more to whether not or not the Australian in question was male or female than what their actual politics were.  Well, roughly.  There were a lot of guys who were interested, and a fair handful of girls who couldn't care less, but generally it ran something along those lines.

I went to a royal wedding watching party that included representatives from Australia, America, France (!) and Spain.  I learned such interesting facts (as you probably were already aware) as that former British Prime Ministers were not invited, but the current Australian one was.  And that the Queen does not sing "God Save the Queen," although if she'd just go with the updated version ("My Country 'Tis of Thee," of course) I don't see why she couldn't.

No comments: