Tuesday, July 20, 2010

quicko: get me out of the church on time

Going to church in America, I (and most the congregation, in my estimation) were chomping at the bit to leave not a minute past an hour. I dreaded communion, knowing it would push the service at least ten, if not fifteen, minutes late. Somewhere along the way here, something changed. After walking out of a 5:30 service at 7:15 last Saturday and not feeling like it was long, it dawned on me that this was rather a drastic change. While I can't give Australia the credit that belongs to God for this, I am grateful that He has changed my heart so much here.

And have I mentioned how much I love my church? Church by the Bridge in, you guessed it, Kirribilli. And even though I'll be out of the country for it, might I just mention that there's an amazing art exhibition currently accepting entries to be part of the I Heart Kirribilli week (30 August - 4 September), which'll be absolutely awesome!! You should definitely come!!

2 comments:

Sam said...

I think your church is one of the prettiest in Sydney - the location and the actual church itself. Art exhibition? Hmmmmmm! I'll have to check that out!

KIM said...

You totally should, Sam, you'd love it!!

And, everyone else, you should really see Sam's artwork -- it's gorgeous!! There's a link on the side to her blog Matou en Peluche, which is full of beauty!