Tuesday, June 9, 2009

quicko: slices

My flatmate was doing some baking the other day when I happily observed, "oh, you're making bar cookies!"

"No," she said suspiciously. "I'm making slices."

I took a closer look at the cookbook picture. "No," I asserted. "Definitely bar cookies."

"You don't eat them in a bar," she countered.

"It's not where you eat them, it's the shape!" I explained, slightly flummoxed that there could be such concern over such otherwise amicable sweets.

"But what about these?" she asked, leafing through the cookbook to a page that showed triangularly shaped bar cookies.

"Triangularly shaped bar cookies," I announced. "And they look very good."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! Thank you for writing this blog! For an italian girl like me it's almost impossible to find out what is really English and what is Australian "interpretation" of English language. ;-) Your blog is great help and also great fun!

Arianna or better... Kirribilli Ari (I'll move to Kirribilli this weekend! What a coincidence!) :-)