Friday, June 5, 2009

quicko: bad apples

I am getting so frustrated here. You go to the grocery store -- the GROCERY store, where, presumably, there are groceries -- to look for apples and what do you find? Like three varieties. Well, maybe five, but I don't count the sour ones because surely everyone admits they're rather nasty with peanut butter. It's one row! One row of apples! And not a long row, either, a short row! Apples are supposed to be fruits you can find in abundance -- particularly in fall, of all seasons! But alas. I must settle for these two slightly tart Pink Ladies. Where are my Golden Delicious?!?

3 comments:

Mom said...

Home, in America, waiting for you. Long rows and rows of them at biggs, year round.

Mom said...

I was wondering if apples are native to Australia? They would not grow in a climate like that of Sydney, (think Michigan and Washington State, top apple producers in the US) anyway, so would have to be imported from some other area of the country. That could account for the slim selection in your grocery store.

Holly said...

I actually love the sour apples with peanut butter... just thought I'd put that out there. :) Soon you can get some nice American apples though!