Sunday, June 14, 2009

quicko: COLD!

Maybe I've mentioned this before, but can I just point out again that it gets COLD in Sydney?? No, I'm not talking snowy, subzero temperatures; I'm talking a nip in the air outside ... and twice the nip inside. Yes, it is colder inside my flat right now than outside ... it is winter and the door is open in order to warm the place up!! This is because Australians do not have central heating, at least not in this part of the country. Sydney homes also do not have air conditiong (or, as they say, air con, which sounds oddly avaitory to me), but that's another story.

It's like my American co-worker said the other day: where we come from, this constitutes a state of emergency. When things are this broken, we fix them! Men in coveralls are called, and they come and they conquer! Sure, we might be out a few bucks, but at least we don't turn blue inside our own apartments!! Brrrrr!!

No comments: