Friday, February 4, 2011

review: cool mac

I'm on a cafe kick!  The latest is Cool Mac in Kirribilli.  It's just down the street from Freckle Face, which is another I like, mainly because they give you freckles with your hot chocolate.

But Cool Mac won my heart in one easy swoop:  there were cards from Articulate on every table.


If you haven't played Articulate, you clearly haven't been going to the right parties.  Articulate is a word game in the family of Taboo or Catch Phrase and, while not the best thing since sliced bread, it quite possibly ranks in just after scented tissues.  It's amazing, and any cafe that throws its cards around tables has got my cash.

But it doesn't stop there.  Can you believe it?  Just when a cafe can't get any better, it does.  Are you ready for this?  Are you sure?

It has jokes on the ceiling.  They're written up there by Eugene, who has great handwriting and an unfortunate sense of humor.  ("Why didn't the skeleton go to the party?  Because he had no-body to go with.")  But still.  They put suggestion boxes for jokes on the tables so maybe by the time you visit there'll be something better.

Their freshly squeezed orange juice is a bit overpriced, but hey.  It's a drink and a game and a joke you're getting and I suppose for that it's not too bad.

And one last thing:  they're not scorchingly depressingly murderously hot inside.  Hot, yes, but I survived.  And I'm pretty sure you would, too.

Please don't sue me if you don't.

No comments: