Monday, February 13, 2012

quicko: mark schwarzer

I had no idea he was anyone important, but I bought stamps today hoping for the beautiful fishies I got last time only to discover every stamp was covered with a picture of Mr. Mark Schwarzer.  Evidently he is an "Australian Legend of Football."

The stamps also inform me of literally everything else I know about him, reading as follows (yet still not terribly instructively ...):

"No Australian sporting fan will ever forget 16 November 2005 at ANZ Stadium in Sydney.  The Socceroos played one of the powerhouses of South American football, Uruguay, for a spot at the 2006 World Cup final in Germany ... 'That was one of the most heart-stopping  and emotional nights of my career.  The buzz was magnificent before, during and after the game.  The media attention was out of this world.  I was so proud to have played such an important role.  We were finally off to the World Cup finals and it seemed Australia had gone Socceroos crazy.'"

Anyway, if you get a letter from me, sorry if you missed the fishies.  They were really pretty cool.

1 comment:

Laetitia :-) said...

Evidently I'm not a sporting fan (and happily not).