Sunday, February 26, 2012

photo: surfboard!!


Introducing Sherlock -- my very own surfboard!!  I found him in the trash (the trash!) last night and rescued him by bringing him home, setting him up with some fins and a leg strap and washing him up in the ocean!  We've been for our first surf and while there was a slight lack of any actual standing on my part, we just had a blast together.  Sherlock is, the friendly man at the store explained, probably made more for highly experienced surfers, but seeing as he came to me so very cheaply I'm not holding that against him.  Isn't he gorgeous?!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Why would an experienced surfer throw his surfboard in the trash?

KIM said...

It's a rather well-off area ... pretty shocking, though, really.

Mom said...

Could it have anything to do with the safety of the board?