Thursday, October 11, 2012

review: (insert name of chocolate place here)

Perhaps you'd do better finding this chocolate place if I actually had any idea what it's called ... if it helps, it's pretty near the Chocolate Room and Darling Harbour ... maybe you've passed it?  I'm not even sure which road I was on, though it could have been Bathurst?

Anyway, Melissa found it and we decided to give it a try.  I had the Earl Grey chocolate, which was, they said, Earl Grey flavored and milk and white chocolate, or something to that effect.  I'm not convinced I tasted Earl Grey, but it was delicious.  It was also pricey -- it's a pretty place, all decked out in plush purple lounges and many fake books with multiple copies of Oliver Twist in front of every table.  (A bit Gatsby, anyone?)  The trouble was I finished my $6.80 hot chocolate in about a  minute flat, which just isn't very big bang for your buck, in my opinion.  Melissa was distressed because they wouldn't do soy, which is virtually unheard of in Sydney.  All in all, we liked the place but disliked the service.


No comments: