Wednesday, May 2, 2012

quicko: staring

I am an exceptionally unobservant person.  Just ask past roommates.  I never seem to notice things that evidently need to be done, or to have been done weeks ago.  It's just that it takes a bit to bother me that way.  Anyway.  This post isn't meant to be about whether or not the floors needed to be vacuumed, but the idea that Australians stare at people.

Seeing as I am unobservant, I had not noticed this.  I am not given, as are most cool people I know, to the art of people-watching.  Perhaps it's just that I find my own life exciting enough, but it's rare to catch me bored enough to give more than a passing glance to what the others around me are doing.

But it seems that others occasionally notice what I am doing, and in this particular instance I actually received a text (from a Brit) informing me that I should blog about how much Australians stare at each other.

Whether or not they do I really haven't noticed.

No comments: