Friday, May 11, 2012

quicko: 10 things i'll always love about you

Okay, it's not every day I re-watch 10 Things I Hate About You, but every time I do I remember why it's just one of those classic, can-never-go-wrong sorts of movies.  It's perfect if you're happy, sad, bored, lonely, ecstatic, jealous, put out, giggly, bouncing off walls, angry, neglected, stood up, frivolous, indulgent, lazy, sick, depressed, anxious, blase, trying to pick up an Australian accent, trying to pick up an Australian, slightly crazy, lots crazy, having fun, eating marshmallows, whatever.  It's just really hard to go wrong with 10 Things

It turns out that all the boys in Australia don't look or sound exactly like Heath Ledger, but, hey, moving here was worth a try, wouldn't you say?

For now, I'll content myself with 10 things to love about 10 Things:

10.  "The #$*% hath hitteth the fan."
9.  "Are you telling me I'm not a pretty boy?"
8.  "That's for making my date bleed, that's for my sister, and that's for me!"
7.  Life lesson:  if she owns black underwear, she wants to have sex.
6.  Life lesson:  paintball makes for the best first kisses.
5.  "Should you really be drinking if you don't have a liver?"
4.  "It's not every day you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention."
3.  "You're just too good to be true" accompanied by the marching band.
2.  "You're just too good to be true" accompanied by sneaking away from cops.
1.  Heath Ledger.

No comments: