Monday, May 14, 2012

plug: change

Guess what, guess what guess what?!?!  There's this thing called Crash Test Drama in Sydney and it's kind of like a 24 hour theatre or sushi theatre (for those of you who had the good fortune ... or predestination ... to be part of the Calvin Theatre Company) -- basically a very quick "moved reading" of 8 different plays on one night.  They're cast at 5:30 pm and performed at 7:30 pm.

SO!  I went tonight for the first time ... and I ended up winning best runner-up actress and being part of the first place play overall!!  Which means ... $75 cash, plus the chance to perform again in August.  So, um, yeah, if you'd like to come watch, it's Monday, August 6 at the theatre on the corner of King and Bray Streets in Newtown.

The play I'm in is called Change and it personifies Change (that's me!) ... quite similarly to the personification of Folly, for the two of you reading this blog (Mom and Susan) who are all too familiar with that!

There's four of us involved in Change -- the writer, the director, another actress and I.  It's all very exciting really!  Yay!



PS -- Especial thanks to Gerald -- the one friend who came to see me tonight and can vouch that I really am not making this up :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Similar to Folly - I see you were well cast again!
I assume also thanks to Gerald for snapping a couple photos, too.

Mer said...

Cool! Congrats!