Saturday, June 5, 2010

update: undelicia delizia

I just wanted to update my blacklist: Delizia's.

Perhaps you'll recall awhile ago I painted a lavishly lovely picture of a quintessential cafe in the city -- well, that was all while Andy and Rosa (I finally learned their real names!) were there. They were amazing, but it's recently been sold and is now under new, much worse, management. While you could previously get 2 buttered pieces of raisin toast for $3.50 takeaway, I found one day not long ago the price had gone up to $4.00. I wasn't happy, but I was managing. Then, I tried again on Friday and found that it had shot up again -- to $4.50, but this time for one piece of toast.

While the setting is still the same and quite lovely, I no longer recommend it. Unless of course Andy and Rosa come back.

No comments: