Wednesday, June 9, 2010

update: bus bloopers

So you thought you'd heard everything that could go wrong on a bus? How about the driver accidentally closing the doors on you? I was just walking onto a 20 when he did. Fortunately, they don't actually hurt, and, in any event, he realized it immediately and reopened the doors. Then I asked if he was going down Elizabeth Street, which happens to be one of the more major roads in Sydney. No, he wasn't, he said, I'd want a number 30. Having frequently gotten the 20 and 30 confused myself I noted then that he must have come from Neutral Bay, since I knew one of them did, while the other went down Elizabeth. This confused him even more, but suddenly light dawned.

"Oh, you want Elizabeth Street?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. "Near Goulburn."

"Oh, yes, I go there," he said.

Perhaps I shouldn't wear my boots in public quite so much with such a short skirt. Oh well.

No comments: