Saturday, August 15, 2009

quicko: blurring borders

Okay, so this isn't technically a cultural observation, but humor me. Thanks.

I don't know if it's because I'm an inherently unobservant person or because I don't quite run in the right circles for all these points or because living overseas for a bit clouds the memory, but it keeps happening that I go to write something up for this blog and I honestly can't remember if it's a difference or not.

For example: awhile ago I went to a party and they had all the beer in the bathtub. I thought this was strange and was all set to blog about it when something stopped me and I asked my best friend and she said, yes, silly Kim, we do that, too. Just because my parties happen to be the ones with (this is, unfortunately, a true story) four kinds of milk on hand ...!

No comments: