Sunday, January 18, 2009

quicko: what to bring

When I went home I took a list of things to bring back because they were either unavailable, more expensive or just not the same here. Here's a sampling:

--BOOKS!
--jeans (to my great dismay, I discovered American clothing stores are now also carrying skinny jeans ... however, I can report that I did not see a single American wearing any)
--toiletries
--Tylenol
--Hershey kisses
--film
--Moleskine blank book
--Pilot pens
--Tide sticks
--Bath and Body Works hand sanitizers, lotions, etc.
--Sephora makeup
--Trident gum
--hair clips
--a haircut (not that I got one!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, if you travel to the cities in the US, skinny jeans are popular. I can't imagine they'd be too popular in the suburbs. The kids here in DC like to wear big boots over them!

-Susan

Unknown said...

Skinny jeans are worn up here in GR...college, high school, middle school...all over the place.