Sunday, December 14, 2008

quicko: kris kringle

Secret Santas, Yankee swap, here it's Kris Kringle. (I always thought he was European, but apparently not ...) It's a fairly standard gift exchange the night of a Christmas party -- everyone has drawn a name, buys for a set amount and arrives with a wrapped present to go under the tree (or on the table). At some point in the festivities, Kris (I presume?) stops the hooplah and delivers all the gifts, to much applause and general merriment.

I was one of the lucky ones -- not only did I correctly guess what was inside my package (a book! And, yes, I do have a witness ... who, for the record, also thought it was a book), but Kris actually seems to have known a bit about my taste in books and got me one I'm excited about! Now, if only I had a long airplane flight to read it on ...

No comments: