Wednesday, February 29, 2012

quicko: happy LEAP day!!

Happy Leap Day!!

Australians, might I note, are particularly blase about Leap Day.  No one wanted to celebrate with me.  Well, we did nearly have a game of leap frog, but it's been pretty wet here today so it didn't actually materialize.  Can you believe it?  It happens only once every four years and I was the only one in the whole country who cared!  Give or take a few ...

Actually, I think in general Americans are a bit more into the minor holidays (Pi Day springs to mind) than Australians are -- well, we're a good bit more into the major ones, too (Hallo-ahem-ween).  Americans are generally just a smidge more festival, particularly when it comes to decorating and traditions and such.

There is, for the record, the same ability of a girl to propose here ... though I haven't heard of any such festivities yet this year ...

No comments: