Tuesday, December 13, 2011

quicko: hectic holidays, continued

So the other day I was talking to an Australian friend.

"I'm so tired," he moaned.  "I need a holiday."

"But didn't you just say you're going to Argentina for two weeks in February?" I asked.


"Yes," he said, as if explaining something very simple to someone rather slow.  "But that's not until February."

"And it's December now," I said.

"Exactly," he said.

"I see," I said.  "But didn't you just go to the Cook Islands a couple months ago?"

"That was only a week!" he explained, slowly again.  "That does not count as a holiday."

Thankfully I knew better than to mention his recent business trips to China, Sydney and Adelaide, as well as the upcoming one to Malaysia and Singapore.

The poor dear really is tired.  Unfortunately, I'm not nearly Australian enough to understand.

No comments: