Tuesday, October 20, 2009

quicko: hospitals

I recently set foot in an Australian hospital for the first time and was actually very surprised -- the Sydney airport (which, granted, is a very nice airport) is much nicer than the Royal North Shore Hospital. It reminded me of the time I went to Buckingham Palace and thought, golly gee, Gaylen Byker* has got better grass than the Queen of England! I'd always thought of hospitals as rather sterile, excessively clean, preferably quite modern structures, but, although it seemed up to par, par seemed to be rather low (or would it be high? I'm no golfer) for the course. I think perhaps the private section is classier than the public (where I was), but I'd taken bright, sparkling white sheets and such for granted in first world hospitals.

*Calvin's president

1 comment:

Mom said...

This leaves me wondering what you were doing it a hospital, in a position to check out the whiteness of the sheets? Are you OK?