Saturday, July 11, 2009

quicko: usa/aus

Today, besides being John Calvin's 500th birthday (they'll revoke my diploma if I don't mention that), is also the day that I lose in transit over the international date line as I fly from America to Australia. In crossing it, though, I thought it'd be fitting to mention that, though the differences are plentiful (at least sufficient to keep a daily blog going since October, hey?), they're not so overt as the differences between America and England. America does fit between the two, geographically and metaphorically; or, really, to be more precise, Australia fits between the two, geographically (the other way, Americans, the other way!) and metaphorically. Or something. Perhaps we'll explore that more another time. Or perhaps not. Maybe!

No comments: