Tuesday, July 28, 2009

quicko: a kookaburra

This morning I had a kookaburra come visit on my balcony. I think perhaps he didn't feel very well (who would after flying headlong into balcony bars ... and chairs ... and windows?), but he sat pleasantly and photogenically enough, strutting his stuff despite a presumably rather blurred mental balance. He did make it onto the ledge (from the floor; this seemed to be a great accomplishment, at least if volume indicates greatness) where he heroically ... relieved himself. Facing, might I add, entirely the wrong direction. He then flew triumphantly into the glass once more (each movement sending one blogger running frantically to see who had now invaded her third-storey apartment) before taking, much to my relief, his leave of the balcony.

1 comment:

Mom said...

How big is the kookaburra, say, in relation to a cardinal?
Did you get a photo of him?