Tuesday, April 16, 2013

quicko: shhh

I don't know if I can really claim this a sweeping generalization, but by and large I think American girls discuss their periods more openly/frequently than Australian girls.  My suspicion is that this has to do with the fact that most of us live together at college in quite close quarters and are just generally more comfortable with such things because we've gotten used to it more so than many Australians.

This example may also be idiosyncratic, but I have Australian girl friends who will keep their tampons firmly out of guest bathrooms to save themselves the embarrassment of anyone accidentally finding them ... whereas I think most American girls will keep products easily accessible in case any visiting girl needs to borrow some (without having to ask and thus create an even bigger scene).

No comments: