Saturday, February 13, 2010

quicko: service? what service?

A perennial complaint of American tourists is how utterly shocking the service is in other countries. (Evidently the customer is not always right -- who knew?!) My latest experience involved an unnamed restaurant on the Manly Corso that had literally no less than six waiters milling about -- not serving others, milling -- none of whom realized I was desperately trying to get their attention. Never mind then. I won't take the bill, if it's all the same to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it customary to tip in Australia? Because I think this is why we do tip here. Come hope and I will show you what I mean. :)
~Gina

Laetitia :-) said...

Anonymous Gina - no, tipping is not customary here in Australia - we prefer for people to be paid a wage that might be enough to live on if they work full-time.