Friday, November 12, 2010

update: nanowrimo

In case you pop by this blog every now and again and are shocked to find yourself drowning in a veritable sea of recent prose, allow me to point two things out:

1.  I'm currently participating in NaNoWriMo, a month-long event wherein writers around the world attempt to draft 50,000 words in the space of November.  Thus, this month you are absolutely inundated with posts -- and long ones at that!  That is because while not all of my NaNoWriMoments are going online, an awful lot of them are.  It turns out that my brain works better when faced with blogger's "new post" page than Microsoft Word's "new document."  "New document" just looks daunting and purposeless; "new post" deceives me into thinking others will read so I must write something actually sensical.  (Huh.  Turns out "sensical" isn't a word.  Only "nonsensical" is.  How much sense does that make?)  Thus, that's where all the writing's coming from.

2.  After this month, the blog will be back to normal!

And, just in case you're curious as to my word count total:  20792.

Garry's, incidentally, is less, but he does have a clever little graph that magically updates itself and shows just how much we've each written (i.e., how much I'm winning by).  Check it out!

No comments: